- This event has passed.
Facilitating Multi-Stakeholder Collaborations
July 6 @ 7:00 am – 10:30 am
Deepen your knowledge & gain practical skills to facilitate effective & equitable collaboration across organizations and sectors
July 6, 13, 20 and 27, 2023
7:00 am – 10:30 am Eastern US
12:00 pm – 3:30 pm WAT
2:00 pm – 5:30 pm EAT
French language translation provided.
Join our highly experiential workshop deepening your facilitation practice(s) to lead integrative, inclusive and powerful approach to facilitating collaboration! This course focuses on the nuts-and-bolts planning, facilitation, and leadership practices to help diverse groups move from goal setting to advancing real work together, building engagement and momentum over time.
We combine mini-lectures with applied facilitation in real situations, covering both virtual and in-person collaboration.
We also use real facilitation challenges faced by participants to learn and apply methods for moving through conflict, confusion, and uncertainty in groups.
This workshop will support you to:
- Combine the best of leadership and collaboration to lead change more powerfully
- Lead more effectively through confusion and avoid conversations that run in circles
- Set and work with others from a clear shared intent
What’s the learning journey of this course?
You will leave this workshop with increased effectiveness and skill in:
- Setting an intentional agenda
- Setting the context, space, and pace at the beginning of a meeting
- Establishing a culture of accountability
- Shaping the conversation and giving direction during and between meetings
- Creating a narrative for the group that builds momentum
- Moving from discussion and insight to real work products
Is this course right for me?
We’ve designed this course for individuals and teams who are organizing and supporting multi-stakeholder and multi-sectoral networks and collaboratives that are working together on complex challenges. The course has helped consultants, facilitators, and staff of backbone organizations improve their collaboration facilitation skills. This workshop is particularly relevant for former participants to trainings and learning journeys covering the key tools, mindsets and leadership for Multi-stakeholder collaborations (i.e. learning journey with Ashoka).
People who attend this course tend to have these types of questions:
- How do I build and sustain momentum and engagement when people aren’t showing up regularly?
- How do I get people to work together effectively when their interests and priorities are so apparently divergent?
- How can we keep things moving and not get stuck in analysis paralysis?
- How do I deal with seemingly counterproductive conflict and difficult human dynamics?
- How can I get leaders to stop rushing to action?
- How do I get around people trying to make perfect solutions or get things exactly right?
- How do we deal with power, hierarchy, and this belief that some people have the right answer?
How much is the course?
We understand that exchange rates for currencies around the world impact the decisions people make about professional development opportunities.
Prices for this course vary according to world region. Please refer to this resource to find the price for your country.
Registration includes digital copies of all course materials and resources.
Please visit this page to learn about scholarship opportunities.
Course length: Four, 3.5-hour virtual sessions
Trainers: Russ Gaskin, Ifeyinwa Egwaoje, Issac Carter, Léna Borsoi and June Wardé. This course is a collaborative offering between Ashoka Africa and CoCreative. We look forward to seeing you!