- This event has passed.
Virtual Course: Championing Systems Change
April 20, 2021 @ 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
April 20, 22 & 27, 2021
In this workshop, specially designed for funders and senior leaders, you’ll develop your unique role as a champion of systems change initiatives. It focuses on the unique pressures that sponsors of systems change work have to their internal stakeholders and to the change system they are helping to catalyze and support. In this course, we share stories and examples from actual systems change initiatives, both successful and unsuccessful, to help you more deeply understand the kind of commitment, clarity, and resourcing it takes to lead effective systems change.
This workshop will support you to:
- Understand the key success factors, resource needs, and risks in multi-stakeholder collaboration so you can more confidentially invest both financially and reputationally in the work
- Effectively manage the creative tension between your institution’s needs and goals and those of other stakeholders
- Identify and manage your own role, needs, and interests as a sponsor and key influencer of the work
You will leave this workshop with increased effectiveness and skill in:
- Shaping a powerful shared intent to inform the work and build collective ownership
- Creating the conditions to foster success systems change initiatives
- Appropriating resourcing systems change initiatives
- Supporting effective assessment of the progress, dynamics, and work of the collaborative
Best suited for: Senior system leaders and funders interested in supporting systems change collaboratives.
Session inputs: None required.
Registration cost: $550 USD per person
Registration includes digital copies of all course materials and resources.
Course length: Three 3-hour virtual sessions
Trainers: Russ Gaskin, Heather Equinoss