- This event has passed.
Virtual Summer Camp
July 12, 2021 @ 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Collective Mind’s Virtual Summer Camp is a virtual, interactive training for and about networks.
Virtual Summer Camp is designed to give those who want to do more with and for their networks a space in which to both 1) better understand networks and 2) gain new insights and tools for network management. Campers will expand knowledge, learn new tools and methods, strategize and problem solve, and connect with other network practitioners.
Building on the experience of our inaugural camp in 2020, Virtual Summer Camp 2021 – held over three weeks in July – promises to be an incredible opportunity for participants to learn, connect, and improve their practice.
Our participatory event will offer a wide range of learning opportunities that campers can join. Activities during camp include:
- Camp kick-off, closing, and mid-camp check-in sessions
- Pre-recorded video lessons of core content
- Exercises for reflection and action planning in the Virtual Summer Camp trail guide
- All-camp plenary discussion sessions to clarify and deepen learning from the video lessons and exercises
- Learning circle meetups*
- “Fireside chats” with network experts and experienced network leaders
- “Deep dive” peer exchange sessions on special topics as prioritized by the participants
- Camp “bulletin boards” to share questions, ideas, and learnings and to determine the “deep dive” topics of interest for week 3
*Campers can opt into learning circles, i.e. small groups of participants around which connections at camp can be made and support offered and received.
Design your own learning “adventure”…
Virtual Summer Camp is designed to be flexible and accessible to accommodate campers’ workloads, time zones, and schedules. The schedule is set up for campers to join the sessions and complete the activities that they prioritize, on a schedule that works for them. This means:
- Live sessions will be offered at multiple times. Pick an option that works for you or join them all if you’d like.
- All live sessions will be recorded and made available immediately afterward.
- Campers will have access to all materials through the end of August to catch up on anything they missed.
- Campers can register for the full three-week camp or for only the first two weeks of camp if preferred. We encourage you to choose the learning experience that best fits your needs.