Leadership Learning Community (LLC) is a national nonprofit that advances equity and justice by promoting leadership that is equity-based, networked, and collective. To do this, LLC activates learning across its extensive network and applies this learning through its consulting services to achieve on the ground results by supporting leadership in organizations, networks, and movements.
Primary Project Background:
The Leadership Learning Community has been in a learning partnership to activate and support Culture of Health networks. In 2017, LLC was funded to offer network training to more than 500 individuals and networks, and to launch the WEB network, a network of networks that were interested in connecting to advance a Culture of Health.
The learning and scaffolding put in place have created a foundation for a strong start with an Alumni Network comprised of graduates of four health equity-related leadership development programs. LLC also helped to facilitate the exploratory work to assess interest in an alumni network, identify key elements of a strategy that are attractive to alumni, synthesize internal suggestions and concerns, and formulate recommendations. This project seeks to build on and integrate these two pieces of work to activate the alumni as the catalytic core of a powerful Culture of Health network.
The Project Manager will work in coordination with the Project Lead and will spend approximately two-thirds of the time on the primary project, and one-third of their time allocated to other projects as needed. The Project Manager will work with the Project Leads to successfully monitor and drive the work of projects. The Project Manager will manage the work of consultant teams, the Project will include 10-15 seasoned consultants. The Project Manager will track project goals, milestones, and deliverables to complete the project on time, in scope, and on budget. We are looking for an experienced Project Manager with an interest in advancing equity through Leadership Development. This role is limited in duration as determined by the project timeline, but may have the opportunity to extend.
Why Work at LLC?
LLC is committed to justice and equity. We work hard to practice our values in all areas of our work, actively walking the talk of equity. The network we engage in is an exciting and diverse group of individuals and institutions committed to advancing justice. The work environment is fun, communal and supportive. We maintain high work standards while also having a very flexible and family-friendly organization.
Responsibilities and Duties:
● Contract Management – Project Manager is responsible for tracking the financial and reporting requirements of the contract with the client and ensuring compliance. The PM will also coordinate contracts and invoicing schedules with all subcontractors.
● Management of Project Documents – The Project Manager will develop and maintain team project documents, and administer collaborative team file storage systems.
● Management of Project Timeline and Deliverables – The Project Manager will monitor the work breakdown of project tasks in coordination with the Project Lead to maintain an accurate project timeline and ensure progress towards deliverables.
● Budget Management – The Project Manager will maintain accurate records of project finances and monitor the drawdown of allocated project resources.
● Team Coordination – The Project Manager will coordinate the meeting logistics of a virtual team of staff and consultants.
● Team Communications – The Project Manager will maintain and monitor team communications and communication tools to support virtual project work. The role will include extensive one on one communication with the point people on different parts of the project.
● Regranting: The Project Manager will administer regranting.
● Logistics: The Project Manager will handle logistics and communications related to regional and national meetings, including food, transportation, etc.
Qualifications and Skills:
● A strong commitment to expanding equity and advancing justice
● Experience working in social justice spaces
● A minimum of 4-7 years of relevant project management experience
● Excellent communications skills
● Excellent time management skills
● Experience working in virtual teams
● Experience with collaborative platforms such as Google docs
● Experience administering virtual communications tools
● Desired: Experience with leadership development or networks
● FTE: .75 or 30 hours/wk for full benefits (Including: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Vacation, and Sick leave)
● Salary Range: 60-65,000 at .75 FTE
● FMLA Status: Exempt
● Expected Duration: November 2019 – December 2020
● Location: Virtual
● Schedule: Flexible Scheduling
● While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer/phone; the employee must be available to attend meetings off-site and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
How to Apply: Please apply by completing this Google Form
If you have questions, please email Ericka at email@example.com.