- This event has passed.
Facilitating Collaborative Innovation
October 12, 2021 @ 8:00 am – October 21, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
October 12, 14, 19 & 21, 2021
Pacific US: 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Eastern US: 4:00 pm – 7:30 pm
October 13, 15, 20 & 22, 2021
NZDT: 9:00am – 12:30 pm
This is our highly experiential workshop covering an integrative and powerful approach to leading collaboration. It focuses on the nuts-and-bolts planning, facilitation, and leadership practices to help diverse groups move from goal setting to advancing real work together, building engagement and momentum over time. We combine mini-lectures with applied facilitation in real situations, covering both virtual and in-person collaboration. We also use real facilitation challenges faced by participants to learn and apply methods for moving through conflict, confusion, and uncertainty in groups.
This workshop will support you to:
- Combine the best of leadership and collaboration to lead change more powerfully
- Lead more effectively through confusion and avoid conversations that run in circles
- Set and work with others from a clear shared intent
You will leave this workshop with increased effectiveness and skill in:
- Setting an intentional agenda
- Setting the context, space, and pace at the beginning of a meeting
- Establishing a culture of accountability
- Shaping the conversation and giving direction during and between meetings
- Creating a narrative for the group that builds momentum
- Moving from discussion and insight to real work products
People who attend this course tend to have these types of questions:
- How do I build and sustain momentum and engagement when people aren’t showing up regularly?
- How do I get people to work together effectively when their interests and priorities are so apparently divergent?
- How can we keep things moving and not get stuck in analysis paralysis?
- How do I deal with seemingly counterproductive conflict and difficult human dynamics?
- How can I get leaders to stop rushing to action?
- How do I get around people trying to make perfect solutions or get things exactly right?
- How do we deal with power, hierarchy, and this belief that some people have the right answer?
Best suited for: Individuals and teams who are facilitating networks and collaboratives working on systems change initiatives, including consultants, professional facilitators, and staff of backbone organizations.
Session inputs: None required
Registration cost: $700 USD per person.
Registration includes digital copies of all course materials and resources.
Course length: Four, 3.5 hour virtual sessions
Trainers: Russ Gaskin, Heather Equinoss
“The detailed practice tips, e.g. the examples of what you could say for different parts of the
meeting cycle is super useful, sometimes I stumble in the set up/transition/wrangling
of sessions so great to have some prompts. Good mix of small and main group work,
and am very inspired by your use of Mural!!”
– Fall, 2020 Participant