- This event has passed.
Introduction to Inclusive Decision-Making
November 18, 2021 @ 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
There’s a growing need for business, government, and philanthropy to decide inclusively. This training will introduce the process.
About this event
There’s a growing need for business, government, and philanthropy to decide inclusively. This training will introduce the process. Inclusive decision-making means those affected by a decision have a role in making it. As logical as this sounds, getting started can be intimidating. This training will take you from zero to beginning to design an inclusive decision-making process that fits the needs of your organization.
Designed for beginners and presented by Do Big Good, this 1.5-hour interactive online training will:
- Define inclusive decision-making as a practice
- Explain how inclusive decision-making contributes to both the equity and accuracy of decisions
- Present Do Big Good’s Decision Cascade model, a means of planning inclusive processes that engage diverse stakeholders over multiple decision phases
- Provide time for participants to begin applying the Decision Cascade to their own context
- Include multiple opportunities to ask questions
By the end of the training, participants will:
- Understand what makes a decision inclusive
- Understand the value of inclusive decision-making
- Know the basics of using the Decision Cascade model to plan an inclusive decision-making process
- Practice applying the Decision Cascade to their own context
Note: A recording of the live training and slide deck will be sent to participants following the event.