Virtual Course: Facilitating Collaborative Innovation
October 10 @ 2:00 pm – 5:30 pm
October 10, 17, 24 & 31, 2023
8:00 am – 11:30 am, Hawaii US
11:00 am – 2:30 pm, Pacific US
2:00 pm – 5:30 pm, Eastern US
October 11, 18, 25 and November 1, 2023
7:00 am – 10:30 am NZDT
This is our highly experiential workshop covering an integrative and powerful approach to leading collaboration. It focuses on the nuts-and-bolts planning, facilitation, and leadership practices to help diverse groups move from goal setting to advancing real work together, building engagement and momentum over time. We combine mini-lectures with applied facilitation in real situations, covering both virtual and in-person collaboration. We also use real facilitation challenges faced by participants to learn and apply methods for moving through conflict, confusion, and uncertainty in groups.
This workshop will support you to:
- Combine the best of leadership and collaboration to lead change more powerfully
- Lead more effectively through confusion and avoid conversations that run in circles
- Set and work with others from a clear shared intent
What’s the learning journey of this course?
You will leave this workshop with increased effectiveness and skill in:
- Setting an intentional agenda
- Setting the context, space, and pace at the beginning of a meeting
- Establishing a culture of accountability
- Shaping the conversation and giving direction during and between meetings
- Creating a narrative for the group that builds momentum
- Moving from discussion and insight to real work products
Is this course right for me?
We’ve designed this course for individuals and teams who are facilitating networks and collaboratives working on systems change initiatives, including consultants, professional facilitators, and staff of backbone organizations.
People who attend this course tend to have these types of questions:
- How do I build and sustain momentum and engagement when people aren’t showing up regularly?
- How do I get people to work together effectively when their interests and priorities are so apparently divergent?
- How can we keep things moving and not get stuck in analysis paralysis?
- How do I deal with seemingly counterproductive conflict and difficult human dynamics?
- How can I get leaders to stop rushing to action?
- How do I get around people trying to make perfect solutions or get things exactly right?
- How do we deal with power, hierarchy, and this belief that some people have the right answer?
Are there pre-requisites that would help me get the most out of this course?
Not that we require, though folks have told us Introduction to Collaborative Innovation provides a grounded foundation to the frameworks we cover lightly in this course.
How much is the course?
$700 USD per person.
Registration includes digital copies of all course materials and resources.
Course length: Four, 3.5 hour virtual sessions
Trainers: Issac Carter, Heather Equinoss, Melissa Darnell